Happened on Christmas Eve
A 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena was devoured by flames on Christmas Eve in Hong Kong.
According to Hong Kong-based tabloid Apple Daily, the Ferrari 360 was serviced only three months ago when the repair shop replaced some of the electrical components. The driver noticed some gas fumes during refueling but decided to ignore this potential problem and he drove off with the car. While on a highway, an explosion occured from the rear end of the Modena and then another one when the driver stopped the car.
The fire at the back of the Ferrari 360 started to spread immediately to the cabin but the driver managed to escape unscathed. The fire department responded promptly to the incident and managed to extinguish the fire but as you can see the car is severely damaged. Most likely the fire was caused by an electric short circuit and/or by some sort of mechanical issue.